EFA EGG FARMER AWARDS
The awards are open to anyone who works in the commercial egg farming sector – either directly on a farm or in any support industries such as research, hatcheries, veterinary care, transport and the like.
The only criteria is that both the candidates and the people who nominate them must be members of Egg Farmers of Australia (EFA).
The awards will be presented in two categories:
■ Egg Farmers of Australia Young Egg Industry Achiever of the Year.
■ Egg Farmers of Australia Industry Leader Excellence Award – for service to the egg industry.
Egg Farmers of Australia CEO Melinda Hashimoto urged EFA members to enter worthy nominations.
“Aussie egg farmers and the people they employ, such as farm staff, hatchery crews, and vets, all work very hard to maintain a consistent and clean supply of fresh eggs for Australian families – and the awards aim to recognise this work,” Ms Hashimoto said.
She said candidates who did not win from last year are also welcome to be re-nominated.
Last year’s winners were Dr Jodi Courtice (Qld) and Franko Pirovic (NSW).
The judges this year are Franko Pirovic, Jodi Courtice and our SBA Platinum Sponsor (and sponsor of the awards) Eugene Viljoen.
- June 2022 – Egg farmers welcome food safety probe
- March 2022 – Why consumers and egg buyers must pay more
- Jan 2022 – Egg Farmers want to help educate ‘backyard chookies’ about disease risk
- Nov 2021 – Egg Farming Industry Awards Announced
- Nov 2021 – Aussie Egg Farmers Face Crisis with 3-Edge Sword
- Oct 2021 – Aussies encouraged to eat more eggs as World Egg Day approaches
- Jul 2021 – ABC Misuse Term ‘Battery’ Hen
- Nov 2020 – Egg farmer runs for VFF Vice-President
- Aug 2020 – Egg Farmers of Australia welcome Perishable Goods ACCC inquiry
- Jul 2020 – Egg Farmers meet Welfare Panel
- Jun 2020 – Queensland Government transforms Agribusiness
- Jun 2020 – Egg Chairman receives Queen’s Birthday Honour
- Jun 2020 – Why do we need caged eggs
- May 2020 –The pressing case for caged eggs in Australia