Egg Farmers of Australia Membership
To existing members, thank you for your ongoing support, and to those who are joining EFA for the first time, welcome! Once your application is received and approved by the Egg Farmers Board, you will receive an invoice for payment.
Once the invoice is paid then you will be a financial member of Egg Farmers of Australia and receive our members booklet and access to our member only sections of the EFA website.
Why Join EFA?
Representation by way of:
- Egg Farmers of Australia monthly board meetings where Directors bring issues from state organisations and individual members.
- Directors representing EFA members with farming, corporate, and biosecurity expertise
- Policy Development
- Internal Egg Farmers of Australia surveys
- Attendance at Government Hearings
- Liaising with Federal and State Government Ministers’ and Advisers’
- Good Egg Guide e-booklet for Advisers’ and Departmental Staff
- Annual Departmental and Advisers’ briefing opportunity
- Submissions to Federal and State Government Inquiries and Reviews
- Advocacy on the Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines
- Advocacy in relation to international egg issues (OIE)
- Advocacy at Food Authority Meetings
- Addresses by EFA CEO and Board Directors at State Farming Organisation Egg Committee Meetings
- Consultation with Australian Eggs in relation to research that is undertaken for use in advocacy
- Opportunity for all Egg Farmer of Australia members to attend the EFA Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Quarterly EFA newsletter including EFA, state reports, vet advice, and other relevant egg industry news with the inclusion of members’ logos
- Quarterly EFA and State Organisation meetings
- Monthly articles in National Poultry News
- E-updates and biosecurity notifications
- Members E-booklet (outlines key information as a quick reference) – Forwarded to all members when joining or on renewal.
- Two full-time staff working for Egg Farmers of Australia members that are Livestock Liaison Industry accredited
- Assistance to members and industry during biosecurity responses
- EFA is an organisation run on a streamlined budget and fiscally responsible
- EFA prides itself in a small staff, flexible, nimble, and without red tape
Personal memberships encompass retired egg farmers and industry associates such as Veterinarians and Academics. The membership is $55 per financial year.
The annual membership is $55 and the voluntary levy for advocacy services and operational running costs are based on 4.5 cents per layer bird per financial year.